Wednesday, May 09, 2012

WHERE THE WILD THINGS WERE.

Maurice Bernard Sendak (June 10, 1928 – May 8, 2012). Brooklyn born.



It's been a real sad week for the Creeps...with all these fucking rad people dying and shit! Every year I get older I always have to ask myself – am I living my life to it's fullest? Am I good to those who appreciate me & are important in my life? Had I received enough n00dz from your daughters? Are there things I still need to accomplish? Youth is fucking amazing, never take that shit for granted.



That being said, today we celebrate the life of Mr. Maurice Sendak, better known for creating one of the greatest children's books I had the pleasure of growing up reading. It's kind of crazy to tell you that this book was my fucking bible as a little mark. I have this funny thing about children's books because I feel they are so sophisticated & written with multiple facets of life's lessons left for you to continually discover as you grow into adulthood.



They say your dreams are who you are. And that life is the real dream. Some twisted Matrix type shit right? Face Melter! Strange enough to this day I still believe I sail across seas into another secret land when I fall asleep. Maybe it's because I want to believe it. And maybe it's that Mr. Sendak believed it too. And making people believe in something you can't describe is what I define as true genius.

No comments: